At Young Thinkers of York, we believe a diverse, equitable, and inclusive educational community is essential for preparing all students to participate and succeed in a complex, multicultural, and interconnected world. We challenge ourselves to regularly evaluate and refine our policies and practices and to commit the appropriate resources to ensure we represent these beliefs every day.
We aim to engage all members of the community around our multiple identities including race, age, gender identity, religion, sexuality, ethnicity, family composition, abilities/disabilities, learning styles, and socioeconomic status. By acknowledging the identity, culture, and systems that give advantage to some and disadvantage to others, Young Thinkers of York hopes that all members of our community – students, parents, staff, volunteers, and board members – develop a sense of belonging and bring about a positive change in the world.
As members of the Young Thinkers of York community, we pledge to:
• Respect all
• Learn from different perspectives and experiences
• Trust each other to engage in difficult conversations
• Tell our unique stories and listen to others
• Look at our biases and strive to overcome them
• Encourage belonging, connectedness, and safety
• Participate in the personal growth of children and adults equally